Nanakuli High and Intermediate School Performing Arts Center's Journey to Scotland

Follow the adventures of the Nanakuli High and Intermediate School Performing Arts Center's Journey to Scotland and the 2011 Fringe Festival.

We will post updates as we prepare on this once in a lifetime experience for cast and crew.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thoughts from NPAC member: Nikita Mendonca

This morning I woke up in my own bed and, although I miss home and my family, I felt a tinge of disappointment. Our journey to London and Scotland was a dream come true for all of us, including myself. I have always, always wanted to visit London and Scotland and I am glad I did so with my drama family.

The trip gave me an opportunity to learn more about everyone, and in doing so I have grown fonder of everyone, including their little quirks. The trip exceeded my expectations, but more impressive, the behavior of the students exceeded my expectations. Prior to the trip, in the back of my mind I always feared that the students would not fully understand the sacrifices our community and people around the world have made in our behalf. Yet from the moment our journey started, each and every student appreciated every moment and found something special about everything, even the seemingly little things.

The entire NPAC cast made numerous friendships in the past two weeks, and made huge and positive impressions on everyone who attended the Fringe from around the world. The cast also blew audience members away with their performances of Under the Influence. If we ever doubted that the NPAC could not hold it's own against other performing arts programs world wide, than we were mistaken. The NPAC is just as good as everyone else on and off stage, and the community has every reason to be proud.

The NPAC represented Hawaii and the United States through and through.

No comments:

Post a Comment