Nanakuli High and Intermediate School Performing Arts Center's Journey to Scotland

Follow the adventures of the Nanakuli High and Intermediate School Performing Arts Center's Journey to Scotland and the 2011 Fringe Festival.

We will post updates as we prepare on this once in a lifetime experience for cast and crew.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thoughts from NPAC Member: Shaylene Curtis

These past two weeks have been unforgettable. I don't even know what to say really... It was so incredible. You just can't put into words everything we did and felt.

London was absolutely beautiful. It exceed my already high expectations. It was fast paced, but I enjoyed it very much! I saw sites where they filmed scenes from Harry Potter! I bought a wand, which I carried everywhere. The London Eye was amazing! We saw and did so much in such a short amount of time.

Then, all of a sudden, we were boarding a train to Edinburgh. Edinburgh was amazing, and definitely a place I will be traveling to again. The Royal Mile is something that you really can't explain. You have to experience it. We performed a bunch there and it's so amazing getting to see peoples faces as you perform. There was a ceilidh, which was, well, a dance! We all had a blast and made lots of friends. :) Our performances had good reactions and though we had an off day, we brought it back. All of the high schools that were a part of the festival were so amazing and we really only started mingling a few hours before we had to leave. Pressure was off and it was time to have fun. I have 26... or more new friends on Facebook and it's only been a day! I MISS IT SO MUCH. I MISS EVERYONE SO MUCH. I had this unexpected crying session on the bus to the airport. I was so sad that I hadn't had the chance to talk with people before we were leaving.

Anyway, I am so happy to have been a part of this trip and see you soon, Scotland :)♥

No comments:

Post a Comment