Nanakuli High and Intermediate School Performing Arts Center's Journey to Scotland

Follow the adventures of the Nanakuli High and Intermediate School Performing Arts Center's Journey to Scotland and the 2011 Fringe Festival.

We will post updates as we prepare on this once in a lifetime experience for cast and crew.

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Thoughts from NPAC member: Richlynd Cabinatan-Higa

Sitting in class, looking at all the back work and new homework I have to catch up on made me realize how much I missed scotland and London. I looked at my AHSTF wrist band and almost cried. Being on that trip was like a dream come true. I mean, having this amazing oppourtunity that millions of other kids never and might never have is just mind blowing. To think me, just a 15 year old average high school student had the privilege to perform in Edinburgh Scotland and to represent Hawaii and the United States! 


It's been almost three years now since I've been with NPAC and I feel I've learned more in two years with them, than 9 years of school. I'm growing up. Thanks to Mr. Kitsu and NPAC family, I'm growing up the right way. Now, I have a family and an even closer bond that we all share. 


This was just an amazing expirence. Being away from home made me independant and more responsible.  No grandparents to help me do anything, I had to do things on my own. 


I'd like to thank Mr. Kitsu for all that he's done. I mean, really. Your like a father to me. It may sound cliche, but its true. My real father was never really there for me, to teach me right from wrong.  But you, Mr. Robin Kitsu . . . you have been with me...and i appriciate all that you've done.  Because of you, I am a better person.  A more prideful, responisble, social and humble person. There is no other word or things I could say that can explain my grattitude and how much this trip meant to me. All I can say is...it was AWESOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment