Nanakuli High and Intermediate School Performing Arts Center's Journey to Scotland

Follow the adventures of the Nanakuli High and Intermediate School Performing Arts Center's Journey to Scotland and the 2011 Fringe Festival.

We will post updates as we prepare on this once in a lifetime experience for cast and crew.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Thoughts from NPAC member: Chanel Smith

Being back home has made me realize how blessed I am to have had the oppertunity to go on this journey to Scotland. I woke up this morning half thinking that I was still in my dorm room at Pollock Halls and then I remembered I'm half a world away from the beautiful castles, cold weather, and the amazing bacon =( 


I still can't believe that I was actually in London and Scotland. I'll never forget the feeling I had when we landed in Heathrow airport. I felt so happy to finally be getting off the plane and I felt so proud that after 14 months of preparing, hustling,and performing 50 times in the school year that we actually made it!! 


I'll never forget all the beautiful things I've seen like the London Eye, Stonehenge, the castles and more but it wouldnt have been possible without the numerous people who supported us. 


When we visited Winchester Cathedral I lit a candle and thanked God for this amazing oppertunity."were like pieces on a mobile..." If it hadent been for all of the support NPAC got we would have never gotten to experience this once in a lifetime dream come true. 


A million thank you cards doesn't feel like enough to show my gratitude but I'm sure that when we tell people how others were so touched by our performance in Scotland that they will feel so proud of NPAC. We not only won the hearts of others through our performance but with our friendly personalities too...some won the hearts of other with his charm ;) 


We made friends that we probably will never see again but we still exchanged facebook information ^_^ 


I think what I've learned from this experience is that theres nothing thats impossible it might be difficult at times but once you've reached your destination all that hard work pays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment