Nanakuli High and Intermediate School Performing Arts Center's Journey to Scotland

Follow the adventures of the Nanakuli High and Intermediate School Performing Arts Center's Journey to Scotland and the 2011 Fringe Festival.

We will post updates as we prepare on this once in a lifetime experience for cast and crew.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Thoughts from NPAC Member: Alice Lapinig-Montira

I'm homesick! I miss London and Scotland. 


I finally woke up from this dream and realize that that chapter of my life is done and that I can take the memories I created and hopefully share it with others. I'm going back to the past where I've changed within two weeks. The two weeks I've been with the Nanakuli performing arts center also known as NPAC, getting up real early, going through airports, security, customs, plane rides, bus rides and a train just to get to our destination has been nothing but busy and feeling the energy as excitement ran down my body. 


Even then when we got to our destination that the feeling of excitement had never left my soul because there was no time to waste. I had to live every moment every chance I had and just enjoy that I'm on the trip living a blessing that I never thought could happen to me. 


It's wonderful how things in life works. I could see my unrealistic dream becoming more of a reality to me each moment I spent on the journey with NPAC. The more and more time I spent with them living this dream together experiencing this opportunity we all shared had made my perspective on things change including in myself. 


One is believing that dreams do come true when you work hard for it and that anything is possible with faith. The NPAC did work hard for 14 months doing performances, fundraisers, rehearsals, and any possibilities we could think of that will help us get one step closer of being prepared for London and especially Scotland and our performance at the fringe. 


However being able to perform at the worlds largest festival have never crossed my mind that it was real until the first show we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment